On Site Training and Train the Trainer Manuals
On Site Training
Customized training and presentations are offered for:
*NEW School Safety Teams
- Support staff
- Community members
- Colleges and Universities
- After school programs
- Civic Organizations
Presentations are customized and designed to meet your needs. Some of our most popular workshops include:
- Bullying Prevention and Intervention
- School Safety Team: Role, Responsibilities and Expectations
- Bullying in the Urban Community
- Addressing Bullying Behavior Through Culture and Climate
- Guidelines for the Development of Behavioral Expectations and Logical Consequences
- The 4 R’s of Bullying
- What Parents Need to Know
- Changing School Culture and Climate
Train the Trainer Workshop:
Bullying Prevention and Intervention
This workshop is designed to train professionals to turnkey information on bullying prevention and intervention to other staff members. All the necessary tools to conduct your own bullying prevention and intervention training for staff and support staff are provided. It is very important that anyone interacting with children is prepared to deal with bullying behavior and become active participants in the process to creating a bully free environment.
Teachers need specific training on bullying prevention, intervention and working it into the curriculum. However, all school personnel (including bus drivers, coaches, and after-school program supervisors) need to know how to identify and respond to bullying as well as how to model and reinforce positive problem solving. Everyone working or having contact with students should know the symptoms of victimization, how to reach out to victims, the protocol for contacting the appropriate staff members or a student's parents and on the spot interventions.
Utterly Global’s Train the Trainer is a staff and parent module that teaches the best practices in bullying prevention. Staff will identify and define bullying behaviors and types of bullying. Particular focus is on appropriate strategies to prevent bullying and for immediate, effective interventions to stop bullying incidents. Information is provided regarding the complex interaction and power differential that can take place between and among an aggressor, target, and witnesses to the bullying. Research findings on bullying, including information about specific categories of students who have been shown to be particularly at risk for bullying in the school environment is discussed along with the incidence and nature of cyber bullying and internet safety issues as they relate to cyber bullying. Parents will learn how to support children who tend to become targets as well as recognize bullying behaviors that require intervention. Effectively strategies to work with school staff to formulate a plan that will ensure a child feels protected and secure are also provided.
A brief section and power point dealing with the necessary components of a successful anti-bullying policy and procedure are presented as an additional section to the staff training. The section is particularly helpful to administrators and school climate committees.
Train the Trainer Turnkey Manual for Staff Training & Parent Presentations
Click here to purchase
This manual contains all the necessary tools to conduct your own bullying prevention and intervention training workshop for staff and support staff. It is very important that anyone interacting with children are prepared to deal with bullying behavior and become active participants in the process to creating a bully free environment.
Some of the covered topics for staff include:
- Defining bullying
- Bullying and conflict
- How to spot bullying
- Destroying the myths
- Imparting the latest research findings
- Girl bullying, relational aggression and cliques vs. boy bullying
- Learn intervention strategies
- Set the tone
- Promote leadership skills
- Create empathy
- Building relationships
Train parents and community members on the signs of bullying, intervention strategies and how to "bully proof" their children. Take the first step toward effective collaborations with parents and the community.
This tool allows you to train year after year, retread and reach support staff that are often missed due to funding. This is the most cost effective and efficient way to train everyone.
Train the Trainer includes:
- Presentation for staff with dialogue and power point presentation
- Presentation for parents with dialogue and power point presentation
- Both staff and parent workshop includes all hand-outs
- Additional resources on bullying
- Ice-breaker and group activities
- Sign in sheet and evaluation forms
- Certificate of completion
The turnkey manual can be purchased without a workshop.
School Safety Team: Role, Responsibilities and Expectations
*Click here to purchase manual
New Jersey passed one of the toughest anti-bullying laws in the country, the “Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights Act” in January 2011. This new law goes into effect September 2011.
The “School Safety Team Guide”
- Reviews the changes to the law
- Provides and reviews new definitions
- Explains district and staff functions
- Presents the minimum policy requirements
- Reviews new procedures and time requirements
- Reviews reporting requirements
- Provides samples of reporting, tracking and investigation forms, parent conference, complaint and other forms.
- Explains the role and responsibilities of the school anti-bullying specialist and school safety team
This manual can be purchased with an explanatory workshop on The Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights Act.
The School Safety Team:
Addressing Bullying Behavior Through Culture and Climate Guidelines for the Development of Behavioral Expectations and Logical Consequences
*Click here to purchase manual
Some of the covered topics in this manual include:
- Elements of a positive school climate
- Respect for diversity
- Community involvement
- Addressing school climate through SECC (social emotional character development)
- Breaking the code of silence
- Resources for the Week of Respect
- School-wide behavioral expectations
- Meaningful positive reinforcements for positive behavior
- Teaching social skills
- Re-examining Zero tolerance
- Fair and logical consequences
- Remedial and supportive actions
This manual can be purchased with workshops to improve school culture and climate and develop behavioral expectations and logical consequences.